Friday, September 24, 2010

Jason Crabb in Concert at Somers Cove Marina in Crisfield - Part 1

Jason Crabb in Concert at Somers Cove Marina in Crisfield

The Eastern Shore is steeped in a long history of religion. To say it mildly, our people take their religions seriously. And so does Jason Crabb, a good ol' Kentucky boy (I can say that because I am from the south) who won the 2010 Grammy for Best Southern/Country/Bluegrass Gospel Album.

Crisfield was "blessed" with a wonderful performance from Crabb and his band on September 23, 2010. I must  say that fame has not tarnished Crabb. I  covered my share of large concerts at stadiums and civic centers when I worked for newspapers in Georgia. Never have I seen a big-name performer leave the stage after the concert and visit with the audience and sign autographs.

Thanks Jason, for visiting us, and we hope you come back soon. But you are going to have to practice eating Maryland crab. I caught up with Crabb and his "posse" at a restaurant before the performance. I was horrified to see them eating "regular" crabs. Not that they aren't good, but when you come to Maryland for the first time you "gotta" (I can say that because I am from the south) eat Maryland crab. So I had the waitress bring Crabb a crab along with a lesson in eating crabs.



__________________________________

Crabb shows off his NOT-Maryland crab. 

Waitress!  

 Now that's a real Maryland Crab.

Picking Maryland crab 101...


Yum! I think he's hooked. Yes, we ship fresh live crabs to Kentucky, and anywhere else.

The staff at the Olde Crisfield Crab and Steak House brought out a round of oyster shooters, non-alcoholic, of course, for the band members.

Check back later for concert photos.

No comments: