Thursday, September 2, 2010

Goodbye Elle...

Miss Crustacean 2009-2010

"How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a weary world." ~ William Shakespeare

Tonight we crown a new Miss Crustacean.  Not only is it a big event, it marks the official kick-off to Crab Derby weekend. I will be extremely busy this weekend, so I have pre-posted for my viewers who can't be at Crab Derby. Pre-posting means I can schedule posts to post while I am sleeping. And you thought I was awake for all those early a.m. posts. Well, sometimes I am.

I would like to take this opportunity to say goodbye to Elle Hinman, our 2009-2010 out-going Miss Crustacean. It has been a pleasure having you represent us this past year. You were the candle that lit up our town with your smile. You enthusiasm, laughter and good sense of humor were contagious.  You were always eager to help, your good deeds everlasting.  Tonight, you will pass your crown on to a new representative. I know it will be a bittersweet moment but time moves on, and as each Miss Crustacean leaves us she leaves us with sweet memories of the years past and hopes for the coming year. Thanks for the memories, Elle!
 ___________________________________

Elle is crowned by the 2008-2009 out-going Miss Crustacean Elizabeth Long, another wonderful young woman who made us proud.





Elle Hinman, 2009-2010 Miss Crustacean
___________________________________


I will bring you at least one photo of the 2010-2011 Miss Crustacean this evening. You will have to wait until next Wednesday to see all the photos. Crab Derby photos will be late coming, too, as I will be taking hundreds of photos over the 3-day period, and I still have the skipjack race on Labor Day. 


Good luck to all the contestants tonight!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sure can be proud of a great ambassador who lights up people's lives.

aurbie said...

Hey, Sunshine! Thanks for the comment. Elle will make a fine ambassador wherever she goes in life.