Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Deal Island - Chance Volunteer Fire Company's 56th annual tribute

Deal Island - Chance Volunteer Fire Company's 56th annual tribute. 


I was honored to have been invited to Deal Island this past Saturday to photograph the fire company's annual tribute that recognizes  their firefighters, EMTs, and members of the ladies auxiliary.  The fire company consists of a small band of brothers and sisters who go the extra mile for their friends and neighbors. There are no strangers on Deal Island/Chance. 


Thanks to Chief Donald Ford for the invite and to all the wonderful people who always make me feel welcome.

Special guests of the evening were Senator Jim Mathias, Delegate Charles Otto, Commissioner Randy Laird, vice-president of the Somerset County Commissioners Charles Fisher, Sheriff Bobby Jones, Chief Deputy Ronnie Howard, and  Dr. Carolyn Elmore. Did I miss someone? I know I did. I apologize.

Members, I will be on Deal Island Thursday and will get the word out that I have the CD you requested - high-resolution without copyright for your personal use.  That is what I like about small towns - just tell someone you need to find someone, and with a few phone calls, in a flash, they are there.

Read coverage in  March 23 edition of the Crisfield-Somerset County Times.









No comments: