Friday, February 18, 2011

Tommy's Dog

Tommy's Dog
“If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life.” ~ Roger Caras


I can't remember the name of Tommy's dog. I just call him Columbo, for reasons that may be obvious to those who enjoyed the TV show by the same name.  The show ran  from 1971 to 2003.  Peter Falk played a rumpled absent-minded detective who was smarter than he looked and acted. One of his sidekicks was a Basset Hound named Dog that, as we learned during trivia moments in the show, enjoyed going to the ocean and looking at boats. Must be a Basset Hound thing. I am sure that Columbo feels right at home in Crisfield.


On the day I shot this short series of photos Columbo was enjoying a little fresh air. He defended his turf with a little Basset Hound howling until he realized I was not a threat. Dog would have been proud. Umm? Perhaps I should call Tommy's dog Dog. Better yet, I should remember his real name. But I kind of like Columbo.





No comments: