Monday, February 28, 2011

Lower Somerset County Ambulance and Rescue Squad 30th annual awards banquet

Lower Somerset County Ambulance and Rescue Squad 30th annual awards banquet
A quick post to congratulate all of the award-winners. Knock on wood, in all my 63 years, I have never had the need of the services of either the EMS or firefighters, but if I ever do I know I will be in good hands in Somerset County. In my travels, mostly heading to assignments these days, I see these dedicated volunteers running up and down the roads in all kinds of weather and at all hours. Members of the Somerset County Ambulance and Rescue Squad, your annual banquet is your time to shine, but you shine in my heart each time I pass one of your ambulances. Thank you.

Due to my time restrictions and a backlog of photos I will not be posting the squad's photos until mid or later in the week. But here is a sneak preview.  I will burn you a cd without the copyright for your personal use.


In this photo secretary Fern Griffith presents George Nelson, president of the squad with a special plaque. Read full story in the March 2nd edition of the Crisfield-Somerst County Times.



No comments: