Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hide Away Grill at Goose Creek Marina and Campground in Westover, MD.

Hide Away Grill at Goose Creek Marina and Campground In Somerset County


I guess this is in Westover. Around here we call it Rumbley, about 25 miles up the road from Crisfield. At the end of the road, near Frenchtown you will find a surprise. Their brochure touts it as "One of the best kept secrets of Somerset County." Those who follow my blog know I have a lot of secret spots that I showcase, but I never divulge the location of my "secret" places. This one I can tell you about. You can find them at 25763 Rumbley Road. Set your GPS to Westover - I need a geography lesson.  Phone is 410.651.1193.





















The marina has a nice educational crab station outside.

Dollars to donuts this kid  knows everything there is to know about crabs!



The girls go for the smaller crabs.

The campgrounds are right next door. If I didn't live so close, I wouldn't mind having a vacation spot there.




And like most places around here, the view is always fantastic!


I know. This blog is supposed to be about Crisfield. Hey, I do get away from time to time. And when I do, I like to highlight other places around the county. We have so much in Somerset County! We hope, that when you do head this way, you plan on staying for a few days. There is lots to do and see in Crisfield for the adventurous, and we know you must get hungry trying to find my secret places. All of our restaurants offer great food, and we hope you stay long enough to try them all. But on your way in or out, stop by and give the folks at the Hide Away Grill a shout. It's one secret I can share with you! Now I don't feel so guilty about keeping all the good things to myself.

1 comment:

Hilda Mae Dennis said...

SEVERAL FRIENDS, FAMILY AND I WOULD LIKE TO GO TO THE MARINA AND HIDAWAY GRILL. COULD YOU PLEASE GIVE ME THE HOURS AND DAYS IT IS OPEN? WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO GOING THERE. THANK YOU.
HILDA MAE
410-742-7830
HMD1312@AOL.COM