Tuesday, August 24, 2010

As Summer Fades...

Summer in Crisfield

"Photographs allow us to hold threads of sliver and gold in our hands, each blink of an eye weaving them into everlasting memories."


A few weeks ago I did a post on the passing of summer. Yesterday I did a post on the first day of school in Somerset County. This past Thursday, without realizing it I photographed the last weekday romp on the Crisfield beach for two young ladies and their puppy. Yesterday, I rode my scooter to the deserted beach and could tell how close the chilly days of fall were becoming. The beach was deserted; the laughter of summer gone.  I was happy I had captured summer's magic.

I guess a photograph is about as good as it gets when trying to bottle up something wonderful and free for a rainy day. Moments pass by so quickly we scarcely notice until we go to bed in summer and wake up in winter.








Puppy silhouette...





"Old Man Winter always knocks on the doors of the Dog Days of August. Only our memories can keep us warm though the cold dark nights."

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Ooooh...
This proves that a picture is worth a thousand words...
Absolutely splendid!!!