Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Scooter Man

"Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still." ~ Dorothea Lange



Captured this jolly fellow heading back from the hardware store on his scooter. Around these parts, a lot of people get around on scooters and bikes. I have a scooter like the one shown, except mine is blue and white.

The subject is waving with his foot because he is carrying recently purchased water boots and other items in one hand and steering with the other. Around these parts, everyone waves, even if their hands are full.

11 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

Thanks for the smiles!

(I want a scooter!!)

Suburban Girl said...

The photo emanates friendliness. What a great place that everyone waves!

Barry said...

Here in the big city no one waves. Even if they know you.

Scooters look like fun, but obviously they need a trunk.

aurbie said...

Thanks for the comment, Willow. Always a pleasure to see you.

aurbie said...

Rebecca: Yep. We iz a friendly town.

aurbie said...

Barry: I actually have a "trunk" on my scooter. It will hold a few things.

No one waves in Canada? How rude.

Joanne said...

You know, I don't know if I've ever seen a happier town than yours :)

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Is this a posed photo or real? I see that he is not wearing a helmet?

My friend's husband a strapping 6 foot 5 was riding his daughter's vespar. My friend says, he looks ridiculous. they were unhappy the daughter bought the vespar, and now, Dad is riding it.

BTW, like Barry says, people in big cities don't wave. How big is crisfield?

aurbie said...

Joanne: Yep. We are a pretty happy town around here.

aurbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aurbie said...

Ann: You must have a helmet law in your country. We don't have helmet laws for scooters like this. We do for motorcycles.

No that is not a posed photo. That is a, "I gotta speed up and get ahead of this guy so I can jump out and take his photo" photo.

Since we are a waving kind of community, this guy did the only thing he could - he waved with his foot when he saw me pointing the camera at him.