Sunday, September 6, 2009

62nd Annual National Hard Derby Crab Race

Don't get excited. You know I can't show you the races, or even the crab picking here. But I can give you a sampling of what you will be able to see at the Daily Times web page (see side bar). Just look for the "Web Extra" link. Be patient if you don't see the photos. Believe me, everyone is working hard to bring you all the events from around the area as fast as they can. It's a busy weekend, folks.

A crab takes off...


Then the crab picking begins...

Cheers from the crowd. Hey, Flea.

Now, let me skip back to the crab race winners. I'm not telling. You will have to go to the Daily Times website and read the article. I did snap this photo of John Phoebus breaking one of the trophies. But the new Little Miss Crustacean Autumn Custis lives up to her title by being very professional, and holding her smile and pose.



Then the new Miss Crustacean Ella Hinman stepped in with her poise and grace to save the day. Naturally, the winner will receive a brand new trophy.

5 comments:

Patience-please said...

Mmmmmmmm.
H.O.M.E.S.I.C.K.

~JarieLyn~ said...

Fun, fun, fun!

gigi said...

I wanted to go so bad :(
There is always next year.
Great pictures of a fun time!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Love some crabs!
<><

Suburban Girl said...

Gosh life looks fun in your neck of the woods.