Monday, September 21, 2009

Olde Crisfield Crab & Steak House Now Open

The Olde Crisfield Crab & Steak House is now open. Open hours are 3PM Wed, Thur & Fri; 11:30 Sat & Sun. On Sat & Sun, you can enjoy a full brunch menu.

Below are a few photos taken on the first evening of their trial run. They served a limited menu, and the food looked delicious. I got there just as they opened, then I had to run to an assignment. I will bring you some in-depth photos next week.

Click on photos to enlarge.




I snapped a photo of the first customers to be served. In the rear you can see the entrance to Somers Cove Marina. Jerry, I think you should charge extra for that view.

This is owner Jerry Hardesty sitting at the raw bar. Yum. Jerry has worked hard all summer, not cutting any corners to remodel the old Side Street restaurant. Jerry has many more plans in store for the Olde Crisfield Crab & Steak House.

Mike Hardesty,left, poses with a worker in front of the tiki bar. Mike is Jerry's son. He has worked extremely hard over the past few months. That "Open" sign looks mighty good, Mike.

You will find friendly and well-trained staff.

Is that shrimp? I love shrimp.

Left, Jerry's chef from one of his restaurants in Annapolis chats with diners. He is a super nice guy.

OK. I am getting hungry now. How about you?

This is my friend, Fletch. He has to be the only person in Crisfield who wears a cowboy hat. And I always know him from the rear by the red hanky hanging out of his pocket. Fletch and his wife Karen are great supporters of local businesses and events, so if something is happening I usually run into them. When I am on assignments, I always run up behind Fletch and use his hanky to clean my lens.

I love the tropical colors and decor.

These people came by boat, parking next to the tiki bar.

I was strolling down on the deck next to the tiki bar on another evening that the restaurant was closed and snapped a photo of these people taking a late afternoon ride. We all love our new restaurant even when it is closed. People love to congregate in happy places, open or closed.

Oh, there is nightly entertainment at the tiki bar. They also have 7 large flat screens for your viewing pleasure.

The Olde Crisfield Crab & Steak House: 410.968.2722.

2 comments:

aurbie said...

I received a note from someone wanting to know where the menu and prices were. They were post in early Sept. Here is the link: http://crisfieldnews.blogspot.com/2009/09/olde-crisfield-crab-steak-house-opening.html

Anonymous said...

We plan to start renovations on the downstairs soon; for this phase, we will close in the downstairs to better accomodate our elderly and handicapped guests. There were also talk of serving the picnic tables downstairs. A second kitchen and increased staff will be implemented to aid in these tasks.