Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Cinderella Story...


"How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace."
~ Elizabeth Barrett Browning


Well, maybe not a Cinderella story. I missed Cinderella and her Prince Charming, but I did capture their carriage.











I was coming home from an assignment when I saw this carriage getting ready to take off down the road. I had to slam on my breaks to get the scoop before it hit the traffic - we don't see too many horse and carriages in Crisfield. The carriage was headed to a local church to pick up a newly married couple to take them to the Crisfield Elks Lodge. I thought about going to the church which was near my house, and waiting outside to get them taking off, but I was in too big of a hurry to be a wedding crasher.

Anyway, I took a photo of this fine gentleman (he so reminds me of the old South I left behind) handing me his card. Give him a call if you ever need a carriage or an antique car ride. Ummm? I wonder if he has a pink Cadillac convertible? I've always wanted to ride in one of those.



Thanks Gary. It was nice to meet you and the carriage folks. Next time we meet, we will have to share a mint julep.

Gary Horseman can be reached at 302.846.2236.

BTW, the horses are named Ned and Mac; they are Austrian Haflingers.

Best wishes to Cinderella and her Prince Charming, whoever they are.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

the horses and carriage are beautiful! Gary is in character isn't he? very cool post Patty.

Joanne said...

Wow, looks like a perfect day for a wedding, with those blue skies smiling on them!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I had a girlfriend who did that on her wedding day!
<><