Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ready for Oysters...

"O Oysters, come and walk with us!"
The Walrus did beseech.
"A pleasant walk, a pleasant talk,
Along the briny beach:
We cannot do with more than four,
To give a hand to each."

The eldest Oyster looked at him,
But never a word he said:
The eldest Oyster winked his eye,
And shook his heavy head--
Meaning to say he did not choose
To leave the oyster-bed.

But four young Oysters hurried up,
All eager for the treat:
Their coats were brushed, their faces washed,
Their shoes were clean and neat--
And this was odd, because, you know,
They hadn't any feet.


Well, maybe no oysters. Not yet. Captured these boats docked at the city dock. I think Maryland oyster season opens October 1. Not sure about Virginia.







"O Oysters," said the Carpenter,
"You've had a pleasant run!
Shall we be trotting home again?'
But answer came there none--
And this was scarcely odd, because
They'd eaten every one."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Boy.... I Love a good Oyster Stew in the Fall!!
My mouth is watering...
Love,
Marilyn

Patience-please said...

But September is an R month! I remember from my youth - fresh oysters in R months.
Lewis Carroll and oysters and your lovely photography... can't get much better.
How do I get started on the Friday Shootouts?

aurbie said...

Marilyn: My husband loves oysters. I suspect we will be making some oyster stew soon. Me? I don't like oysters. I love clams and mussels but I have to pass on oysters.

aurbie said...

Patience-please: If you want to join up with our little gang of shooters go to the page I set up several months ago: http://mytownshootout.blogspot.com.

It set it up as an info page and a way to find out the assignments and get some of our no-rules rules.

Gordon and ChefE are great moderators.

Due to the many shooters and the times it takes to visit everyone, Gordon put a limit on the amount of shooters, at least as far as listing them. I am not sure if we are at that limit or not. I do know that if people do not post without reason for 3 weeks, they are dropped from the list.

You can shoot Gordon or ChefE an email to see the status.

Look forward to seeing your photos.

The Paducah Kennel Club said...

Thanks, Patty. My photos aren't anything to get excited about, but my town is pretty cool.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Love some oysters! Anytime!
<><