Monday, September 21, 2009

Another Crisfield Sunset

“Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” ~ Rabindranath Tagore

This is the best time of year to catch a sunset around Crisfield. Some days it looks like a big red ball. I mostly miss it because after a hard day shooting for the newspaper, I am too pooped to be creative for free. But if I am out and have my camera (and I have been on vacation for two weeks), I can't resist grabbing a photo of a nice sunset, even if there are a few clouds in the way.

No tripod used on either photo. First photo is as it came out of the camera. Second is filtered. That little spec you see around the sun in the first photo is a seagull. Of course you can clearly see the seagull in the second photo. Photos taken at Southern Connection Seafood in Crisfield.



5 comments:

A Scattering said...

I'm lost in the Crisfield sunset....sigh...

Tess Kincaid said...

Oooo, that's a beautiful sky.

Mary said...

Lovely work!

Bagman and Butler said...

Perfecto! I like the sky in the top photo and the bird reflection in the bottom photo...I would think it would be tempting to resist journalistic purity and photoshop the two. Although the birds would have to be shrunk a little bit to fit the top photo's scale.

Girl Tornado said...

Absolutely stunning and perfect. Oh to be sitting on that dock!