Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Eve at St. Paul A.M.E Church in Crisfield

Christmas Eve at St. Paul A.M.E Church in Crisfield
As I walking out the door last night to attend a Christmas Eve party, I received a phone call from someone telling me that carolers were singing in front of St. Paul A.M.E Church. I am accustomed to receiving calls from people giving me a heads-up on happenings around the town, and I always drop whatever I am doing because I enjoy capturing the spirit of Crisfield, no matter what time of year it may be.


The carolers had departed by the time I arrived at the church, but I took a photo of church members roasting marshmallows in front of the church - they were making S'mores. A  member bade me to enter the church and photograph the children, who were about to sing. I was also treated to a performance by the Woodrow T. Wilson Community Center cheerleaders  

I am glad I never pass on phone calls for "happenings", because you never know where they will lead. Thanks for having me.
















No comments: