Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It's election time. Do you know who your politician is?

Crisfield Chamber of Commerce and Princess Anne Chamber of Commerce co-hosts Candidates Forum in Somerset County.
Election time. How quickly elections come around. On October 18 the Crisfield Chamber of Commerce joined up with the Princess Anne Chamber of Commerce in co-hosting a Candidates Forum at the Crisfield High School. Here are a few photos from the forum. I want to thank everyone for participating.  

I will make no comments because I like to stay away from politics, besides professional photographers and newspaper journalists have to remain neutral when covering political events, the only exception being editorials by professional news editors.  

Over the past 3 years, I have photographed most of the candidates at hundreds of events around Somerset County, and they have all become like an extended family. I don't judge people for what I  read on blogs, professional or amateur, or what I see and hear on cable news stations which have turned into entertainment and sensationalism factories, not to mention soap boxes for their own agendas. Oh, if we only had one Walter Cronkite to get us back on track. I judge people through what I see through my lens and how they treat me. Eastern Shore people are a good people, and if I could vote for all of them I would. Good luck to all the candidates.

~ ~ ~ ~

About 200 people turned out for the event.  I will begin with some crowd photos and move on to the forum. 




















Crisfield Mayor P.J. Purnell

~ ~ ~ ~

Candidates for sheriff from left: Clarence Bell, incumbent Bobby Jones, and Allan Webster. Moderating is Dr. Michael of University of Maryland Eastern Shore.








From left, Gary Miller and Keith Ward, Register of Wills






The next two photos are Keith Muir and Charles Muir running for Treasurer.






Van Muir and Craig Mathias, Sr., vying for County Commissioner District 1.







Roger Jones and Rex Simpkins - County Commissioner District 2





Robert Murphy and Charles Fisher - County Commissioner District 3




Mayor P.J. Purnell spoke to the audience during the forum.



Randy Laird and Paul Ward - County Commissioner District 5



James East and Jerry Boston - County Commissioner District 4



Dan Powell and Kristy Hickman - running for State's Attorney







Jim Mathias and Michael James - Maryland State Senate District 38





Michael James shakes Mike McCready's hand as he leaves the stage. McCready is running against Charles Otto for  Delegate 38 A.

Mike McCready and Charles Otto -  Delegate 38 A.






No comments: