Sunday, July 25, 2010

Janes Island State Park in Crisfield

Janes Island State Park in Crisfield

"Photography to the amateur is recreation, to the professional it is work, and hard work too, no matter how pleasurable it my be." ~ Edward Weston

Circumstances have put me further behind than I had anticipated. We have had a lot going on in our little town! I have a ton of photos that need to be edited, but this morning I decided that I was not going to look at, or take one photo this weekend.

As many of you know, Blogger lets me post in advance, so instead of doing my work and bringing you more clam bake photos, I moved up several posts so I could take a few days off and enjoy my beautiful town.

As for you, when you need to get away, think about "Janes Island State Park" in Crisfield.

This post was scheduled to run on Tuesday. But you can enjoy it today. Monday, you may be looking at Wednesday's post. That's  the good thing a
bout being retired. I can edit on my own terms.

Are you ready to go crabbing? These people are.




Just the fresh air will do you good...


You can rent canoes and kayaks at the park, and meet interesting people...
  

 Or you can just sit on the grass and enjoy watching the people go by...

Throw your pole in the water, add a few crab lines, and you can catch your dinner...





Or maybe you are want to do a little quiet reading or day dreaming...




And if you like, you can do nothing like this camper, which is what I am doing this weekend. Sometimes doing nothing is the best thing you can do.
Janes Island State Park - 410.968.1565
26280 Alfred Lawson Drive
Crisfield, MD 21817
GPS N 38° 00.490’ W 075° 50.620'



1 comment:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

OK Patty, so now you have me convinced that Janes Island State Park will be a good field trip for Grenville and myself..nicer when the heat lets up a bit. Glad to have a break today - aren't you?