Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Antique cars in Crisfield

Antique cars in Crisfield

"Everything in life is somewhere else, and you get there in a car."  ~ E.B. White, One Man's Meat, 1943

I talk of finding a lot of treasures in Crisfield. One of them is the people. They are strewn in houses all long the roads, behind fences, or in this case working in their garage. Each person has a story to tell, and every once in awhile, when there is time, I stop to listen and learn.

Nothing lures me into someone's yard more than old car. I have found that people are more than willing to open up their lives to the camera. In this case, I got more than I bargained for.

The first thing I saw was this yellow 1946 Chevy. It is two years older than I am.

The owner was happy to pose for me in front of his father's car.


And then I saw another car, this 1970 Dodge Polaris. Sweet.

Say it ain't so! A 1952 Dodge truck.

This 1956 Dodge truck needs a little TLC, and she will be ready to roll.

Not too bad inside. I bet the radio still works.

There were lawn mowers, motorcycles, and vans. "Anything for sale?", I wanted to know. "Nope. I don't sell my cars."


 He had a great shop that I forgot to photograph (how dumb is that?), but I did photograph him in his favorite chair that faces his shop. "Sometimes I sit a table beside my chair, put a few beers on it, and just lie back and go to sleep under the stars", he said in a romantic way. This man loves his vehicles like I love my cameras.

I love Crisfield people!

3 comments:

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

You still interested in old cars?

Isn't it funny, a fellow blogger that I follow has a 1938 Chevrolet Master Deluxe Sedan which has replaced her Toyota,

I have found a couple of old cars for you. Meanwhile, you will look for the little Old Fiat for me? LOL

Unknown said...

That's a man with a passion. Ride on! One of my old classmates collects antique cars. He takes a few years to put one in a great shape. I think he has ?5 in his garage.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Great photo essay about a man and his cars, Patty. I've seen some similar old cars around the ES.