Friday, November 19, 2010

Got your ducks in a row?

Crisfield Maryland photography

“Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph." ~ Matt Hardy



I brag a lot about the beauty of Crisfield. I can't imagine any photographer coming here and ever wanting to leave. There is a photo be be captured just about everywhere one turns.  Recently, I have been trying to play catch up, organizing the thousands of photos I have taken over the past 4 years (not to mention the past few weeks, and yes, I am running behind in those postings), and I came upon on this photo that I took in January of 2008.  This is the first time I have seen the photo since taking it. I am not sure if I posted it on the blog or not, but if I did that was almost 2 years ago, so let's pretend it's new.


I found it very comical that these ducks posed themselves perfectly for me. Every photographer who makes their living with a camera knows how difficult it is to get even one person to pose perfectly for the camera, especially when you are working a deadline for a newspaper. But 3 ducks posing perfectly? What are the odds? If only I had that kind of luck when playing the lottery.

Oh, sorry I did not get their names. In the newspaper business we name people from left to right, and I thought these ducks were deserving of having their names printed, but they did not stick around long enough for name taking. Perhaps the seagull flying overhead called them away. I can't remember. In any event, that was a one-shot photograph.

No comments: