Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Welcome Exit Shore Realty

"Every house where love abides
And friendship is a guest,
Is surely home, and home sweet home
For there the heart can rest."
~Henry Van Dyke




I would like to welcome Exit Shore Realty to Crisfield. I recently took a photo of their ribbon cutting - some of our city officials and citizens are scattered among the owners and realtors. We are all happy to have you in beautiful Crisfield.

Oh, I had to find out why the company was named "Exit" Shore. When the founder started the company (there are over 800 offices in the US and Canada (there you go Barry and Elaine, in case you ever want to move out of those harsh Canadian winters) he wanted to use a name people could identify with. Exit signs are everywhere! In fact, there are more exit signs in the world than any other sign. While we were out yesterday, we stopped at a restaurant and I glanced up and saw an exit sign. Guess who I thought about? It works! I love it.


"Home is a name, a word, it is a strong one; stronger than magician ever spoke, or spirit ever answered to, in the strongest conjuration."
~Charles Dickens

6 comments:

bARE-eYED sUN said...

hmmmm. . . EXIT?

well, wethinx that you may be right, Patty,
sorta like free advertising, huh?

btw, we just LOVE b&W.

thanks for the post, luv.

:-)

..
.ero

Joanne said...

Wow, great planning in naming their company. What a prominent visual they used; now I'll think of them too here in New England every time I see an Exit sign. Very smart.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful for Crisfield that a new company has taken up residence there!!
If I were to move south I am afraid as inticing as Crisfield sounds it would be considerably farther south like Georgia or Florida!! With winter in the very near future here "The Keys" are looking pretty good!!
Love,
Marilyn

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

What a fantastic shot. I am a fan of black and white!
<><

Bagman and Butler said...

Great picture -- the black and white makes it look historical. New business looking like it's been established since 1920! The "Exit" name does have appeal. If I were to start another blog, I'd call it the Exit Man Chroncicles. Then I'd post only one blog that said, "Back later."

Merisi said...

Beautiful black and white picture,
I like its timeless quality.

Exit? "Last Exit To Brooklyn" is what comes immediately to my mind upon reading it. Let's see if I shall think "Realtors" in the future! ;-)