Sunday, October 4, 2009

Anyone for a Game of Field Hockey?

Those who follow this blog know that Princess Anne is about 20 minutes from Crisfield, and that I occasionally bring you a photo from our county seat. I covered a game for the newspaper a few days ago and thought I would share this with you field hockey fans. The girls in maroon are from Princess Anne. Gooo Washington High! The other team is from Pocomoke High School, in another county. They all played a great game.

Next time I cover a Crisfield field hockey game I will share some photos with you. Gooo Crisfield! Oh, our team is called the Crisfield Crabbers. Does that surprise you?







The Washington High School cheerleaders. Just kidding. They were rooting for Coach Sue Crudis. That's her name spelled out on their chests.

I love both teams but when Washington plays Crisfield I will have to root, root, root for my team.

Update: October 24 - I made a boo-boo and said the girls in blue were from Princess Anne. Someone alerted me to the fact today and I corrected it. I know the colors of Washington are maroon and white. Sorry. That's what happens when you try to do to much too fast. All fixed. Thanks for the tip. I can use all the help I can get. Really.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your photos as always....
My neice is a HS senior & she has played Field Hockey for several years now. She is actually pretty good!!
Have a Great day!
Hugs,
Marilyn

Joanne said...

Wow, they look pretty aggressive there on the field! Love rooting for sports teams, it'd be the NY teams here ... Yankees, Giants. Nothing beats the good natured fun, like those of the cheerleaders on your bleachers :)

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures but I hate to tell you but team that has on the yellow chinguards isnt crisfield it is Pocomoke.