Sunday, October 11, 2009

Lots of things to do within a short drive of Crisfield

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” ~ St. Augustine

Crisfield is situated on the Eastern Shore. Within an hour you can be relaxing at a quiet beach, or be walking the boardwalk at Ocean City (slots coming soon). Chincoteaque, VA, home of Misty, is an hour away. You can also enjoy St. Michaels and Cambridge - a tad over an hour's drive. In a little over 2 hours you can be in Rehoboth Beach, DE, Virginia Beach, VA, or Annapolis. And of course, there are all those little stops in-between.

Our county has some wonderful side roads that will take you lead you to several working water towns. Of course, we want you to enjoy all there is do see and do in Crisfield before you venture out, but for those thinking about retiring, this is the place to look for a home. And the prices are right. I mean "really" right? If you are an artist looking for a new hometown, Crisfield is the place to be.

Now that I have advertised my hometown (I will send you a bill, Val) on to some photos I took at the 20th Annual Chesapeake Celtic Festival held in Furnace Town, about a 40 minute drive from Crisfield. BTW, Furnace Town is a living museum.



























Nothing like a nap between events at a festival.

9 comments:

Kathryn Magendie said...

What a day! Makes me wish I'd have gotten out of the house and done something interesting!

Joanne said...

Great museum going on here. I think the photo that most intrigues me is the one of the gentleman whittling. Maybe because there are so many parallels between whittling and so much of life, that carving away, carefully, peeling back layers, shaping, forming, to get to the heart of something. So that photo struck me the most.

Suburban Girl said...

OK so if I keep following your blog I am going to be visiting Crisfield! Looks like a fun place. It shouldn't be that far from PA...I'll have to check it out.

Bagman and Butler said...

Fun fun fun!! You captured it perfectly!

A Wild Thing said...

Have always wanted to play the part of a reenacter, happily working over a bubbling cauldron of soap...what fun and a wonderful tour.

Thanks for stopping by...I wondered if you minded if I borrow a phrase from your profile for my blog post today, it seems so fitting, I'll give your blog credit as well.

Love the shot of your contemplation...so many times when I shoot a shot, I am surprised at what my eye really saw. I'm an amateur loving every moment I see!

Thanks again for the inspiration!

sharon

Betsy Brock said...

Are they serving those turkey legs at the Manor Ball? Wow...where's a napkin....

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Did you try turning the stone? We have one here in Rotorua. The Chinese, my grandma had her stones lied flat.

What a festival you had.

RedLan said...

I can say, Crisfield has a lot of things to offer. Thanks for sharing Patty.

Girl Tornado said...

And more great "historic" photos. These are wonderful. That gal making the brooms looks like she has her hands full. And that big brick tower, how massive and... OLD! Very cool.