Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Olde Crisfield Crab & Steakhouse - Opening Soon



Update: As of April 2012, restaurant and tiki bar closed. No opening date. So many people come in on my site doing a search for crabs in Crisfield and looking for info on Side Street, that I thought I should do an update.

First of all, Side Street is no more. It was bought, renamed The Olde Crisfield Crab and Steakhouse, and is being completely renovated.

If you have ever started a project around the house, you know it always ends up being more work that you had anticipated. Imagine trying to take an entire restaurant and tiki bar and totally renovate it!

The Olde Crisfield Crab and Steakhouse, formally Side Street, is a wee bit behind in their projected opening date. I dropped in on the owner, and a few others, who were taking a  break at the restaurant this past weekend.

From the sound of things, it looks like the sweet smell of "crabs a bolin'" and the sounds of cracking mallets will soon be heard "round the city." So stay tuned. Good things are worth waiting for.


                                                                "I love Maryland crabs
They are so good.
I'd catch them all if I could.
I'd steam them up but make such a mess;
I'd be sorry I did not dress
And join my friends for food and wine.
It's much more fun to go out and dine!"

5 comments:

Joanne said...

Raising my coffee cup in a toast to The Olde Crisfield Crab & Steakhouse! Much fine weather (it looks like they'll have outdoor tables?) and much success!

aurbie said...

And a toast back to you, Joanne. Actually, the place where they are are sitting will eventually be enclosed. The upstairs will be opening first, along with the tiki bar that is on the water. Whoo hoo! Can't wait for that. We like to take the long way there and arrive in our boat.

Chele said...

Oh man, that is one thing I miss about living in Virginia......Chesapeake Bay and Maryland crabs. They are the best!

aurbie said...

Chele: Well, we are still here whenever you get hungry for some Eastern Shore cooking!

Bagman and Butler said...

Love your group shots. I'm trying to catch up after a week of fighting buraucracy and mud.