Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bounty of the Bay III at Crisfield Elks Lodge #1044

Bounty of the Bay III at Crisfield Elks Lodge #1044
“Every good act is charity. A man's true wealth hereafter is the good that he does in this world to his fellows.” ~ Moliere

We have many organizations in Crisfield that contribute to the betterment of our town. We also have a countless number of individuals who give freely of their time and money, either as members or donors, to these organizations. Over the past 3 years, my viewers have enjoyed seeing photos from the many events that take place in Crisfield, and the Elks Lodge is one of those organizations.

I have been covering events at the Crisfield Elks Lodge for almost 5 years, and it has always been a pleasure documenting their fundraisers and the "fun" they have in doing them. To name a few things, members have provided breakfasts for veterans, paid visits to patients at the Alice B. Tawes Nursing Home on Valentine's Day, opened up their Lodge to children at Christmas and Easter, participated in the Wounded Warrior program, and invited the general public to participate in a variety of events held at Lodge. They are truly a "family" that gives back to our community and to our veterans.


As everyone knows, I am a busy person. There is so much going on in Crisfield that I stayed backed up, and I still have folders of work on my desk from previous shoots. I try to cover every event, but sometimes scheduling can be a problem. I want to thank the Elks for helping me to help them by giving me advance notice of events. 


Please allow time for slide-show to load. To replay slide-show do not click on arrow at the end. Instead, hit the refresh button on your browser.





I hope to have photos from the installation of new officers posted by April 11. In the meantime, congratulations to the new officers and to the the new Grand Exalted Ruler Teri Milbourne. Bonnie, you did a great job as Exalted Ruler. Hope you are up and running around soon. We all know you can't keep a good Elk down.

No comments: