Wednesday, January 5, 2011

One more December snow photo

 One more December snow photo


This photo of a volunteer clearing snow on the steps at the First Baptist Church in Crisfield, was scheduled to appear before services this past Sunday, but I had some technical difficulties.


With the year winding down, and January being a slow month for news, my New Year's resolution was to post some photos that had been piling up for the past month or so, organize all my photos from 2010, and map out a better plan for archiving and finding photos in 2011. I noted that in an earlier post but it ran in advance, thanks to the miracle of Blogger. But 2011 had other plans to start my year. 

To make a long story short, my Dell laptop died 3 weeks ago. No big deal, because I only use it to access the desktop on my main computer. It was under warranty and Dell came out right away, but I had to wait until my "computer-god" son came down on December 28, to reload my programs and set up my wireless network and printer.  About two hours after my son had completed my laptop, my Dell  XPS 730X crashed. My son did not have the tools or time to find out what was wrong, so he took it back to Bel Air. He is a busy person and will not be back until January 10, so until then, posts will be light.

OK. That was not a short story, but I apologize in advance if the new photos don't look perfect, as trying to edit on a small monitor not meant for high-end editing tools is hit and miss.

Ah, the best laid plans of mice and photographers...Great way to start 2011, eh? But where there is bad news, there is always good news - the hard-drive on my computer was spared.

2 comments:

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Funny how much we rely on technology these days!
<><

aurbie said...

Yes, Noe Noe. It's times like these that I would be happy with a darkroom.