Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday 13th "My Town" Shoot Out



Another filtered photo for your enjoyment and to grab your attention!

As everyone knows, GingerV was next in line to pick the subject of our Friday 13, shoot out. On her site, she wrote:

"Here is what we will be shooting: The main four corners, the traffic / cars / people / street vendors / store fronts / alleys /trash bins…. of the main parts of main street that are your town – that street's name could be Maple or Washington or of course Main or just the main drag in your neighborhood."

Some people don't have a Main Street (heck, we only have one red light and it's not on Main Strret), so as usual, let me remind everyone there are no rules. I think everyone did a great job using their imagination on Butler and Bagman's "choice" of Wild Animals for this week's assignment.

Leave it to an AP writer/ photographer to throw that one at us. But it sure got our imaginations working, didn't it? And it was fun looking at what everyone came up with. I am going back to visit everyone's site on Sunday when I can finally rest.

BTW: Butler and Bagman, we expect a lot of writing out of you after your get back from vacation. And we all want to laugh.

10 comments:

HalfCrazy said...

I can't wait for the next shootout, it will be a blast to take a photo of our "Main street" here in my neighborhood as well as neighboring neighborhoods (LOL) which I consider my neighborhood too. Okay, that's confusing but I'm sure you understood that LOL.

I seriously can't wait, I started taking photos once I learned of GingerV's idea lol.

Bagman and Butler said...

I just posted a quick post from the front. Vacation is wonderful. Only 7 days left! Aargh! Am I the only person in the world who doesn't like vacations?

aurbie said...

Half Crazy: It does sound like fun. Better than "wild animals." But we all had some fun with that, and it made us put on our thinking caps.

B&B: Stay as long as you like. Reggie Girl and I are having a great time with your little red car. Wheeee!

Girl Tornado said...

Like you, we don't really have a main street here. Not even a red light, just a flashing caution light! I'll have to see what I can pull out of my hat...

I was quite late on my animal post, too much to do yesterday as mom is coming to visit so the house needs cleaned, lol. But I did get my post up this morning. Better late than never!! ;)

Tanya Breese said...

The My Town thing sounds fun, I'll have to try it out. Love the tulips, just like a painting :)

Michelle said...

This one sounds like fun. The only problem would be choosing where to shoot. We kind of have a lot of "main streets."

HalfCrazy said...

Yeah, I just love the fact that we can improvise!

Barry said...

Main Street, eh?

I think I can do that. But we'll find out for sure on Friday.

Missy said...

I will join you with our next shoot out....hmmm but I haven't taken any photos yet hahaha

Anonymous said...

I will definitely be joining you for the Main Street Shoot Out. :) I am excited to try street photography! If the weather cooperates and it stops snowing, I can even walk around. YAY!