Monday, May 21, 2012

Tea for Two

Tea for two
I am not going to tell you where this photo was taken. You will find out tomorrow. For now,  I will simply let you enjoy the photo, which could have been taken any time between the twenties and now, perhaps refurbished in Adobe Photo.

Remember when women dressed for luncheons? They dressed for everything (men, too). Women were elegant and most proper in times past; they had an air of grace about them, a grace that came though, even in silhouetted photos like this one, which looks as though it could have been taken in another era, near some soon-to-be-famous boardwalk.



This is a recent photo, taken this past Thursday at 2:56 p.m., a day and time that makes it even more of an interesting photo considering the location.  While photographing in my secret-for-now place, I walked into this restaurant (name coming tomorrow) and was captivated by these two ladies who, when I took this photo, had not yet seen me. 

My first impression was to go my car, which was parked across the street at the motel, and retrieve my flash. I had time. But I suddenly realized that the beauty of this photo was in the silhouette, not in turning the two dining ladies into grinning-for-the camera subjects.

There was mystery in the moment, and for some reason I never approached their table to inquire what the occasion was, and no one seemed to know who the two women were. Visions perhaps...visions we all saw, but for fear of having them vaporize before our eyes, we dared not inquire? Some things are best left unknown.

~~~

Check back tomorrow to see more photos and find out where this restaurant is located. Be prepared to get out both bonnets and fishing hats. Fishing hats? No boardwalk here, but that be the ocean out beyond the marsh, matey. Tea or fish? You can have them both at this dreamy vacation get-a-way.

1 comment:

~JarieLyn~ said...

Oh yes, this photo is quite intriguing. I love it. I will be back tomorrow to check out your secret location.