Monday, April 26, 2010

So many things to do in Crisfield...What did you miss this weekend? Part 1 of the American Legion fish fry

 “One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon-instead of enjoying the roses blooming outside our windows today.” ~ Dale Carnegie

Crisfield is just over the horizon. Won't you come and enjoy our rose garden? We know how to live in Crisfield!

 Did you miss the American Legion all-you-can-eat fish fry? This week, I will be putting up a calendar for my regular visitors so you want have to beat yourself up over all the fun times you missed. You can also visit the Crisfield Events link located on the side bar at any time to get up to the minute reports - in case I am out boating, fishing or crabbing, enjoying the beach,  biking,  walking, or riding with my husband on his Harley. There's so much to do in the summer months, I may forget I have a computer. Not really, but it's tempting.


I am short on time, so enjoy part 1 of the American Legion fish fry.

 The American Legion boys really know how to cook.

And cut up...


The ladies ain't so bad at cooking either. You missed a lot of wonderful soups and chowders.


And Eastern Shore stuffed ham.

Did I mention oysters?

Freshly shucked raw oysters?

Oh, and roasted oysters - Crisfield style.

Yum!

Even the kiddos had a great time. 


 Part 2 on Tuesday. You just can't get enough of this stuff.

4 comments:

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Too much fun!
<><

A Scattering said...

What is the ham stuffed with?? Looks yummy. Hi from all of us here to y'all there.

Loida of the 2L3B's said...

Dear Patty, thanks for posting what Dale Carnegie had quote. That's how i must live, i mean all of us.. enjoying life as it is.. especially now that flowers are blooming.. When I read it, I tried to look out of the window and see the tulips in my neighborhood.. we don't have flower garden yet but we're getting there..
such a warm-heated person you are Patty.. thanks fro sharing..

Loida of the 2L3B's said...

and ummm, i don't know yet where we can find a place here where we can eat such mouth-watering oyster like the one you got there.. ;)