Monday, January 25, 2010

Thank you Crisfield!

“Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being. Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light.” ~ Albert Schweitzer

Don't want to toot my own horn here but I wanted to thank the Crisfield Chamber of Commerce for the nice award they presented with me with at their annual chamber banquet. It was greatly appreciated.

As I have stated before, photographers don't get many official thank you's. We don't expect them. We are just doing our jobs.

Here are a few photos from the chamber banquet.

Our new 2010 chamber president John Phoebus.


  Valerie and Tim Howard. Chamber office manager Val keeps everyone in line. Tim is the curator
of the J. Millard Tawes Museum.



Mary Beth and Frankie Pruitt. Frankie is captain of the Lower Somerset County Ambulance & Rescue Squad.


 Steve and Lee Ann Flaherty, left, received volunteer-of-the-year awards from out-going Crisfield Chamber president Chris Sterling, center, and chamber president John Phoebus. Many awards were given out that evening but you know I can't show you everything. Let me say that we have some wonderful people in this town that give of their time and money to make Crisfield a great place to live and visit. A big "Thank you" from me to all of you.

I can show you this photo of me receiving my award.


And a letter went out to my editor at the Herald, our county paper. My editor at the daily paper also received a copy.


Thanks, Crisfield! I love my town. And I love all of you!

Thanks also to the Crisfield Elk's Lodge for the use of the lodge.

6 comments:

A Scattering said...

Obviously they know a good thing when they see it! Congratulations Patty.

imac said...

Congrats Patty, and well done, with super work you do.
Its so nice to see a Photographer get an award.

J9 said...

Wow, That's really cool! Thanks for sharing with us, and I'm really glad people other than us (your loyal internet followers) realize how wonderfully you protray your town!

Jackie said...

Patty...it's sooo great to see a photo of you! Lovely!
Congratulations to you...It's always such a nice feeling to receive a thank you...even though it's 'your job'...a thank you, an award...a smile...these are always appreciated. I'm so proud of you!
Jackie

Bagman and Butler said...

Congratulations. Well-deserved.

Unknown said...

Congrates,Patty! Well done!