4th of July, 2012, in Washington, DC
Here are some tips from the National Park Service:
Fireworks will be launched from the Reflecting Pool area, and will be visible from many locations in D.C. and Virginia.
Fireworks begin at 9:10 p.m. EDST. Duration 17 minutes. See Things to Do for other events all day long!
VIEWING FROM THE NATIONAL MALL:
- Plan to arrive early, and to protect yourself from heat-related illness. See Directions and Plan Your Visit.
- Viewing areas on the National Mall near the Washington Monument and Reflecting Pool will be accessible only through secure access points.
- Consider wearing hearing protection. These fireworks are BIG and LOUD.
- Consider wearing eye protection to protect yourself from falling debris.
- Consider not bringing pets.
- Immediately following the fireworks, areas along Independence Avenue between the Lincoln Memorial and World War II Memorial will be closed for safety related to the fireworks launch site. The road will re-open after cleanup crews have completed their inspection and removed any hazardous materials.
OTHER VIEWING AREAS:U.S. Capitol, Lincoln Memorial, National Mall between 14th Street and 3rd Street*, Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial, Thomas Jefferson Memorial, The White House Ellipse, West Potomac Park, East Potomac Park, Anacostia Park, U.S. Marine Corps Memorial (Virginia), George Washington Memorial Parkway (Virginia). *Construction between 3rd and 7th Street on the National Mall will affect access to the area.