Friday, June 25, 2010

Fill your treasure box in Crisfield

“A box without hinges, key, or lid, yet golden treasure inside is hid.” ~ J.R.R. Tolkien quotes

Living in a small town is a blessing. Living in a working water town is a double blessing. Many working water towns have been taken over by fancy marinas and condos. Here in Crisfield, one can still go down to the marina or docks and get a glimpse into the past. There is no traffic in our little town, or our marina. Life goes by at a slow, even pace.


 If you want peace and quiet, and a taste of working life on the water, Crisfield is the place to be. Not only will you see crab and oyster boats, depending on the season, you will see tour and ferry boats, as well as tug boats and barges.


I have lived in a large city, and I have lived in the "burbs", and before moving to Crisfield, I thought I had lived in a small town. But Crisifeld is one of those magical places where, if you look for all the Easter eggs that nature and man have laid out for you, you won't want to leave. For those who do leave, you must make sure that you put all your pretty-colored eggs in the treasure box of your mind, take them home, and save them for those rainy, stress-filled days.


I thought about all the city people, working hard in their cubicles when I saw this tug boat and barge pass by, ever so slowly.  A lingering moment of tranquil time, pressed into your memory, can last a life time, getting you through those stressful days. 

2 comments:

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I know I love where I live!
<><

Unknown said...

a job on the water or near it looks like the perfect job! I am glad I have moved to a small town also. less hustle bustle and stress......