Friday, November 6, 2009

In Memory of a Dixie Outlaws Band Member

“Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.”



I received an email from Randi of the Dixie Outlaws Band. Randi was born and raised in Crisfield. This summer, I took photos of the band playing at an event.

I have photographed the band at other events around the area. They are very good; and they remind me of of my home-state of Georgia.

In Randi's email, he wanted a photo I had taken of a member who had passed away so it could placed next to the casket at the funeral held at Bradshaw & Sons Funeral Home in Crisfield.

Jesse Brittingham will be missed. But our loss is Heaven's gain.

4 comments:

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Rest in Peace Jesse.
<><

Barry said...

I never thought of the role of the photographer as visual historian before.

But, of course you are, aren't you.

I'm glad you keep good records.

The Pink Birdhouse said...

a sad post for me to drop by on, but glad that I did anyway. I just wanted to say hi and see how things are with you in your corner of the world. have a grand weekend, Patti. hugs from Debby

imac said...

I like this shot, full of Soul.
Sorry to hear that he passed away, He will live forever within your Heart.