Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." ~ John Fitzgerald Kennedy

I was going to go into the whole spill of what I am thankful for this Thanksgiving, but I think, except for the few choice gems we can each add to the list, our lists are pretty much the same. We are all happy for our health, our family, our friends, our pets, and for just being alive. The gem I would like to add to my list to make it special is exemplified in the below photo.

I am sure Butler would agree that we should get a little sentimental at the holidays and Bagman would humbug that. I am kind of in between Butler and Bagman. But I am right on with Kennedy.I think we should live our words. Even more, our hearts.

Over the years, I have been an observer of people and life; I can pretty much tell when people are good from the inside out and not just on the outside. I am not sure if it was a given-gift or a learned gift, but it is nevertheless a gift I am thankful for. I am also thankful that I can use my talents to share happy moments like this with the world.

What is your gem?

I captured this happy couple coming out of a restaurant while I was running errands. Yes, the hat caught my eye, but they both seemed to have songs in their hearts. They made me smile. I had to run back to the car and grab a camera. I hope they make you smile. No, I did not know them.

Happy Thanksgiving!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

.....Happy Thanksgiving.....

Love,
Marilyn

A Scattering said...

Love the sense of whimsy.

Anonymous said...

Oh they did make me smile. You are so right, you have a gift of seeing life, not just a photo. Thank you so much for being part of this year of my adventures into blogging. Happy Thanksgiving.
QMM

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

do you have crabs instead of turkey for thanksgiving? I would prefer this.

Give me Seafood anytime.

Happy Thanks giving,

Ann

Kerry said...

I want this guy's hat. Seriously. I wonder where he got it.

aurbie said...

Crab season is over, Ann.

Kerry: Not sure. I should have ask him. He did tell me he wore an animated pig hat at Christmas.

Chef E said...

Blessings to you and yours!

The hat is an eye catcher, and it is nice to see happy couples like that. Also, Gordon said to say hey, his computer is in the shop...

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!

just taking a break here, just put the turkey in the oven.

have a wonderful weekend!!

Dan Felstead said...

Patty...I am recovering from a triptophan overdose but while I have come to my senses...I wanted to wish you and your husband a Happy Thanksgiving from Indiana.

Dan