Monday, February 8, 2010

More snow photos? Why not?

 “When it snows, you have two choices: shovel or make snow angels”  ~ Author unknown to me (I will add "take photos" to the list)
 

The snow just keeps coming. I know. It seems my snow photos may now be reaching overkill. But we don't get a lot of snow in Crisfield.Who knows when we will see this much snow again? Well, more is on the way. But next year, we may see little or no snow.

To make it less of bore, I present some black and white photos:


For the next round of snow, here here is a recipe for snow cream.

  • 1 gallon snow
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups milk - soy milk works well but use plain (no flavors or sugar)
  • You can add strawberries or blueberries
Directions: Place a large bowl (I like to use a stainless steel mixing bowl) outdoors. When full, stir in all ingredients, except milk. When mixed well, add milk or soy milk to proper consistency.
 

10 comments:

GingerV said...

more great black and whites. the first one the little boy is anticipating the joy, the last his face says ' oh shit! what do I do now.'

Tess Kincaid said...

Love the look of anticipation on the little guy's face in your opening pic!

A Scattering said...

The one of the woman shoveling her walkway looks like it could've been taken in the '60s. A definite nostalgic air about it.

aurbie said...

Scattering: That does look like something from the fifties or sixties. That is what I thought when I downloaded it. Putting it in black and white really made for a time machine.

Becky said...

Love your black & whites!!! My fave is the last one with the sledder in mid air. I love the sense of motion and defying gravity! We are in the midst of another winter storm today and tomorrow... heading your way in a few days!

The Pink Birdhouse said...

not to copy everyone else, but thought the same thing about that picture of the woman. took me back to my childhood for a moment there!! What a lovely journey it was too. Stay warm over there my friend. I heard from family about the big snow storm hitting the coast again and enjoyed many of their funny stories of things going on in their various towns, your pictures just make it all come to life for me by getting to actually see the snow!! thigns are well here, I hope they are there too. hugs, Debby

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

yummy yummy yummy.

When I had my first ever winter in Canada, I too took some snow in a glass and drizzle it with some syrup and ate my snow ball. (In Borneo, we had shaved ice balls)

bARE-eYED sUN said...

feel for ya, Patty!

looks like Mr.Frost is comin' our way, in the Apple, next.

yay! summer is that much closer.

:-)

{as usual, cool shots.}

..
.ero

bARE-eYED sUN said...

these are real crisp! luvem. :-)

..
.ero

Suburban Girl said...

I like the snow shots in black and white.