Sunday, September 18, 2011

Learned art

welding photo
I saw the sparks flying from the road and had to double back. 
"Do you mind if I take your photo?"
"Go ahead."
I did, thanked him, and drove away.




I feel very blessed to have been allowed to share a small slice of the lives of  the literally thousands of strangers that I have met during my travels. It's a difficult thing to pull into a stranger's yard and ask to take a photo for no particular reason. I learned many years ago,  that if I pass a photo, I will regret it not only five miles down the road, but five years down the road.

3 comments:

Bagman and Butler said...

Great reminder. Great shots. Particularly the second one!

aurbie said...

I love welding shots. Reminds me of the sparklers we used to light on the 4th of July. I bought some this year - Made in China. They were half the size they used to be and burnt out almost as quickly as you lit them. When I was a kid they seemed to last forever.

Lew said...

Life is too short to go back and take a missed shot!