Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Banjo 101

"Like, What is the least often heard sentence in the English language? That would be: Say, isn't that the banjo player's Porsche parked outside?" ~ Jackson Browne

Certainly no Porsche parked outside the homes of Patrick and Pat Costello, father and son team who can pick a grin right onto your face in no time flat. No Porsche could buy the happiness their music gives them, or others.  These two "play" their happiness, and gladly share with those who hold dear their talents. You gotta envy musical people like this, as well as the towns that embrace them. Creativity is the lifeblood of a town. Without it, there is only stone and mortar.  I feel blessed to know them.


I found this photo during one of my many filing sessions and thought I would share. And yes, Pat, I would still like  to learn how to play the banjo. Check them out on You Tube.

No comments: