Friday, November 1, 2013

Thank you, Gang of 124...


Sorry for my "public" absence.  I closed off my blog to all except 124 invited and vetted guests. We called ourselves the Gang of 125. For the past several months we have been gathering comments and discussions as well as info from public documents that will be put into a book in the near future, along with a new collection of mostly "ghost-town type photos. I want to thank my administrators who did a wonderful job, especially those who helped verify and clear up some misconceptions that many had. I may be living in Georgia but I am still in the loop when it comes to Maryland. Even those who live in other states were helpful in many ways, whether they were past residents or visitors.

Naturally, I have removed the comments from the past several months. You can't sell a book when the info can be had for free. But profit was not my reason for deciding to gather records and people's thoughts and concerns about small-town living. Moving to a new city, especially a small one needs careful thought and research. The book will inclucde some useful tips from people with experience.





3 comments:

ancient one said...

I know nothing about Crisfield .. I'm in NC. I just love your photographs!!

Jackie said...

I was not one of the invited ones to your blog and was not sure why it suddenly went private. I have no knowledge of Crisfield one way or the other but simply followed your blog because I love photography and loved the way you captured images of the people you came across and the places with which you were familiar. I had no idea why I couldn't access your blog one day nor why I wasn't invited to join it.
It had always puzzled me. But I figured that it is your blog. You could invite whoever you wanted to be a part of it. I hope that you are doing well.
As always, I have warmest hugs for you. I have always thought you were a wonderful photographer.

GingerV said...

Love the fuscas. A time gone by. I am having my morning coffee, rapped in a quilt and for the first time in a year seeing what is going on. Email me with an update. Hugs. Ginger