Sunday, December 4, 2011

Waiting in Baltimore

Waiting in Baltimore
"I dream that someday the step between my mind and my finger will no longer be needed. And that simply by blinking my eyes, I shall make pictures. Then, I think, I shall really have become a photographer."  ~ Alfred Eisenstaedt 


I snapped this photo in Baltimore, Md., while stopped at a street light. It was a gray, dismal day, and the brilliant background colors drew my attention away from the traffic and towards the two people waiting at the bus station. As I study the photo now, I see one person was in deep thought, while the other person was engaged in the moment. Yes, I cut their feet off, but what do you expect? I grabbed the fist camera I could get my hands on and got off one shot before the light changed. Besides, a little lower, and you would have seen my car window. Eisenstaedt's quote has been the thought of many a photographer. With technology moving so fast, who knows? Click may one day be Blink.


No comments: