Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cactuses, cactus, cacti...

Cactuses, cactus, cacti in  Crisfield

"Who wants to become a writer? And why? Because it's the answer to everything. To ''Why am I here?'' To uselessness. It's the streaming reason for living. To note, to pin down, to build up, to create, to be astonished at nothing, to cherish the oddities, to let nothing go down the drain, to make something, to make a great flower out of life, even if it's a cactus." ~ Enid Bagnold 


I like that quote because it is true for both writers and photographers, and because I took this photo in front of Eddie Heath's Crab Pots, and it is really hard to find quotes that go with cactus photos.
 



I am amazed at this flowering cactus, something that has made it through floods, snows, and extreme heat and cold, for over 30 years! And with no tending. That is the kind of plant I need. I can kill a plastic plant. Ummm? Eddie and Sue, can I have a pinch of your miracle plant?

 

No comments: